I founded Related Parts in 2010. It's a consultancy and production company in Brooklyn that specializes in media production, strategy, documentaries, mission driven campaigns, creative content, and research. Over the past seven years, I have produced or directed five documentary features, one narrative feature, six short films, one short animation, and one short opera.
I also keep a Related Parts blog, mostly on film topics with a philosophical and poetic lean.
- Director, Producer, DP. The After Party, a feature narrative film. A performance troupe gathers to celebrate the passing of their beloved circus. (Pre-production. 2016)
- Director, Producer, DP. A Man Full of Days, a feature narrative film. 2(U.S. Premiere: Anthology Film Archives, 2015. European premiere: Lausanne Underground Film Festival, Switzerland, 2015)
- Director, Producer, DP. Queen, an operatic short and a reversal of Henry Purcell's 17th century aria, "Dido's Lament," during which Aeneas, a New York graffiti artist, returns to Queen Dido, an opera singer from Trinidad, only to meet his death. (2014)
- Producer, Director, Editor. Salt in the Air, a feature-length documentary that exhumes the spirit of salt from a 3,500-year-old salt mine in a hardscrabble Carpathian Mountain village and examines an innovative asthma program. (Premiere: Planet in Focus Film Festival, Toronto 2013. In competition.)
- Director, Producer, DP. impressionistic ethnographic shorts for SHED, a modern grange.
(Winner, James Beard Award: SHED - Best Restaurant Interior 2014)
- Director, Producer. six (6) animations and public service announcements for a.i.r. nyc, an asthma program for children in New York City. Voice over: comedian Chris Rock. Music: Mobi. (2012)
- Executive-Producer. The Human Tower a feature-length documentary about human towers in Indian, Spain and Chile. (Premiered: Margaret Mead Film and Video Festival, 2012.)
- Director, DP, Editor. Mukuntuweap, a short experimental documentary about Zion National Park (Premiere: Anthology Film Archives 2014)
- Field Producer. State 194. (Premiere: Toronto International Film Festival 2012)
- Producer. An Encounter with Simone Weil. (World Premiere: International Documentary Festival Amsterdam (IDFA) 2010. In competition.)
- Co-Producer. Pushing the Elephant. (World Premiere: Human Rights Watch Film Festival. National Broadcast: Independent Lens. 2010)
- Consulting Producer. Election Day, a P.O.V documentary. (Premiere: SXSW 2008)
- Development Consultant. Arctic Son, a P.O.V documentary. (Broadcast nationally 2007)
- Producer, Writer. Secured permission from Koji Wakamatsu for the remake rights of his 1969 classic Yuke Yuke Nidome No Shojo (Go, Go Second-Time Virgin)
- Writer. Horseneck, an original screenplay about two sisters—one a war photo-journalist, the other a fashion photographer. (2005)
- DP, Editor. Amazing Grace and Hanging with artist Wangechi Mutu. (Miami Art Museum, 2005. Brooklyn Museum, 2013)
- Writer, Director, Editor. The Misadventure of 95, an original short film (2004)